Thursday, May 12, 2005

Seth's Blog: Do you judge a book by its cover?

Seth's Blog: Do you judge a book by its cover?

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/images/ctacart.gif

Alot of Buzz for Brian and Jeffery Eisenberg's new book called "Call To Action". I'm hoping to get my copy in the next couple of days. I should have pre-ordered from Brian directly a couple of weeks ago - he was offering 3 copies for the price of one.

I've met Brian and Jeffery a together a couple of times, the last being at Search Engine Strategies Winter 05 Session at the Hilton in NYC. My first contact with Brian Eisenberg was in January 2003, when I went to a WebTrends user group in Manhattan that had just started up.

I wish I had the understanding of just how to apply Persuasion Architecture to the varies situations I find my self in with clients' sites. At SES, I saw Brian at three sessions, 2 were focused on Measuring Success (from a Web Analytics perspective) and the third was a keynote session on Converting your site visitors.

I spent a lot of energy getting traffic to my clients' sites. Brian would look at many of those sites as full of holes, where visitors just pour out. IF we just plugged the holes, we'd get more conversions. I'm going to read the book ....a couple of times...

No comments: