Friday, June 03, 2005

John Battelle's Searchblog: An Example of Search Image Manipulation Via Blogs

John Battelle's Searchblog: An Example of Search Image Manipulation Via Blogs: "To put it simply, Quixtar enlisted various people to help create dozens of Weblogs that linked to each other and were filled with positive stories and key words. The idea is to help put these newer blogs at the top of search results for phrases such as 'Quixtar success' and 'Quixtar opportunity,' while more critical sites such as Quixtar Blog and Amquix.info would drop down. "

Hmm....where have I seen this before?!

I know the answer and it's work I do for one of my clients. Personally, I don't like the idea of manipulating search results by
creating new content to push down and out, things that certain companies, certain individuals, don't want you to see.

No comments: